MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “NO LONGER SLAVES,” 17.05.19
PLEASE READ/ANSWER WITH A VIEW TO APPLYING TO YOURSELF, RATHER THAN TO OTHERS. WE CAN ONLY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CHANGES WE NEED TO MAKE WITHIN OUR OWN SELF, NOT THAT OF OTHERS.
- What have you been taught about “death of self”? How does it line up with these Scriptures?
- “Were those who purported to be believers, really converted into believers, if they continue living in sin?” How do you understand
- What are some of the gaps you can see in what the Believing Community has been largely taught in the area of being dead with Christ/dying to sin? What are some of the gaps in Christian teachings on SURRENDER?
- In what ways do you understand these concepts (i.e., being dead to self/sin; surrender) differently? What things do you, yourself, need to attend to?
- Connect the dots between being dead to self/sin, and the choice to walk in surrender/in freedom? What things do you, yourself, need to attend to, in this regard?
- From this study, what things might you see differently regarding teachings, or assumptions made, regarding the concept of GRACE?
- In what way will the learnings from this study cause alterations in your walk?
- In what ways do you experience the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to no longer serve sin?
- How do you understand the fact that many who call themselves Christians are knowingly walking in sin in certain aspect/areas of their lives?
© 2017, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
GO TO PRAYER CORNER FOR PRAYER GUIDEhttps://www.vernasstudycorner.ca/2019/05/prayer-guide-no-longer-slaves-17-05-19/