MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “NEITHER JEW NOR GENTILE . . .” 16.05.19
- What impact does this awareness (i.e., that there is no difference to the Lord as to gender, social status, ethnicity) have on you/your personal life?
- Was there a time in your life when this was a concern to you?
- In what ways is it “freeing” to realize that there is no judgment based on gender/social status/ethnicity?
- Are there individuals you know who believe God is biased, or has prejudices regarding ethnicity or gender?
- Are there things you have felt limited by because of gender or status or ethnicity?
- In what ways does this release you from those limitations?
- If Yeshua broke down the dividing walls, why do you suppose there is still so much division amongst believers? i.e. Why do we have so many denominations?
- How do you understand the discrepancy between the fact that “Messiah did it all on the Cross,” yet we still experience this disunity in the body of Christ?
- What do you think needs to happen? What would change the situation? Why can’t all believers agree? If Yeshua said “It is finished” how do these things still continue?
- In what ways does this call to unity affect your own life? How do you experience the reality of unity/disunity in your own believing community?
- So much division exists between and amongst not only denominations, but even within the same Congregation. What do you suppose accounts for this?
- What must be altered in order to achieve the unity Messiah called us to?
© 2017, revised 2018, 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
VISIT PRAYER CORNER’S PRAYER GUIDE @