MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “GET THE LOG OUT ” 28.05.19
- Be honest with yourself, and evaluate your own patterns. How often do you tend to notice what is wrong with others, while failing to notice your own flaws, faults, shortcomings?
- Do you have a tendency to blame, criticize, find fault with others? In what ways has it/does it affect your relationships?
- What is so hard about looking within, and acknowledging your own shortcomings?
- When was the last time you asked the Lord to reveal to you the logs/beams (whatever they may consist of) in your own eyes? To take the blinders off, to enable you to come under conviction so you can rid yourself of the things that hold you in bondage?
- What is so important about getting the log out of your own eye before concerning yourself with the speck in someone else’s eye?
- What should you do with logs, beams, blind spots once they have been revealed? What do you do about them? How do you get rid of them?
- In what ways have you applied God’s Word to assess, discern, and/or judge behaviours in social situations?
- In what ways, instances, and on what occasions do you, or have you judged the individuals, rather than judging the behaviour on its own merit, for your own learning, benefit, and/or awareness?
- In what ways have you allowed others to influence you, even lead you astray?
- Re-read the passages from Proverbs 16. (a) What are the three types of individuals these passages tell you to avoid? (b) What are the behaviours involved? © Notice that in verse 30, it is body language that is being addressed. What two things are identified?
- Without awareness of body language which accompanies, or precedes many behaviours, you are open to being deceived. What body language do you emit which opens doors to seduction, deception, and the like?
- What does Paul mean by: “For if we were judging ourselves thoroughly, we wouldn’t be coming under judgment” (1 Cor.11:31)? Personalize & apply to yourself/your life.
© 2017, revised 2018, 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER GUIDE