MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “RIGHT FOCUS,” 30.04.19
- What has your focus been in your prayer time?
- What term does Jesus/Yeshua apply to those who “love to pray
- standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men” (Matt.6:5)? Identify times/ways in your walk where you may have fallen into this category. (it does not mean that you literally had to be “standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets” – it means that your prayers/your focus was on impressing others, making sure you appeared appropriately religious to others).
- What is so important about having your own private time with the Lord? (Matt.6:6)
- Identify 4 primary themes in what is known as the “Father’s Prayer.”
- You will need to listen to Rabbi Schneider’s youtube video to answer this: What is the main point of Rabbi Schneider’s teaching? (a) “The prayers of the Apostles in Scripture, the focus is always on the eternal not on the physical” – how can you relate to this? (b) Connect the dots between this statement, and Rabbi Schneider’s interpretation of abundant life – Identify for yourself what meaning that has for you.
- Re-define your prayer focus on the basis of things you’ve learned in this STUDY.
© 2019 by Verna crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER GUIDE @https://www.vernasstudycorner.ca/2019/04/prayer-guide-right-focus-30-04-19/