MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “GARDEN of GETHSEMANE, PART 3,” 17.04.19
1. Connect the dots from OT > NT regarding the expectation of holiness. Did anything change? What does that mean for you?
2. Why should you be holy?
3. What can make you holy? (John 17:17).
4. What 2 things does John 17:19 reveal?
5. John 17:12, “I was keeping them . . . . I guarded them” – What implications does this have for you and I? I.e. what responsibility do you have, as an heir/joint heir?
6. What about His focus on unity? What does that mean for our multiples of denominations? What does God think about that? Is He pleased?
7. What about the focus He gives to be not of the world (v.14,16)? What does that mean for how you are to live? (Remember: this is His final prayer before His crucifixion; it must be significant).
8. “Just as You sent Me into the world, so I have sent them into the world” (John 17:18). If He expects His people to be holy, He is obviously not sending us into the world to join/partake of the world. So why does He send you/us/His people into the world?
9. What plans/adjustments in your walk can/should you make in order that you “may be made holy in truth” and live out these commandments from Yeshua?
© 2018, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER’S PRAYER GUIDE @