MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “WHAT HAPPENED TO SAUL’S KINGSHIP?” 04.03.19
- Think of occasions in which you rationalized, justified, and made excuses regarding something the Lord clearly advised, but you either did not follow through with, or partially followed through?
- Reflect on the situation. What consequences followed?
- In what ways has God administered discipline?
- In what events have you by-passed God’s instructions and done things your own way, only to soon discover they did not bring the results you wanted in the end?
- How important is obedience to the Lord in your life?
- Why is obedience so important?
- In what instances, and in what ways, have you attempted to appease God, substituting some alternate act of doing to compensate for having been disobedient? Recall the outcome. . . .
- CONNECT THE DOTS BETWEEN doubt, dismissal, unbelief and ultimate disobedience.
- Seek the Lord for all such occasions and situations referred to above, and confess/repent to the Lord.
- Admit to those occasions where you thought you were somehow fooling, or appeasing God with alternate actions. CONFESS, REPENT, put that flesh to death, & put an end to such rebellious practises.
© 2018, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER GUIDE @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.