MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS” (CONT’D), 20.03.19
- I ENCOURAGE READERS TO LISTEN TO THE AUDIO MESSAGES quoted BY RABBI CAL GOLDBERG, before answering the following questions:
- Connect the dots between “the watchman role” and Esther. What do you learn from Rabbi Cal’s message, regarding the watchman assignment?
- What is it so important about the role of intercession? At what points in your life have you been called to intercede?
- How do you see yourself as being part of Royalty?
- What does it mean to you, personally, to be part of Royalty?
- What are some special attributes mentioned, that are important to being a watchman?
- What special things accompany faithfulness and obedience to God’s call?
- “What were the chances of a girl like Esther, not having even been raised by a mother and a father, to become Queen… . . .?” (http://www.bethshechinah.com/sermon/grafted-into-royalty-rabbi-cal-goldberg/). Draw conclusions from this statement which can apply to your own life. What does this mean? What limits are there for how God can use, and bless, even you?
- “I have decided to give Haman’s estate to Esther and had him hanged on the gallows, because he stretched out his hand against the Jews. Now write in the king’s name on behalf of the Jews what seems good to you and seal it with the king’s signet ring. For a decree that is written in the king’s name, and sealed with the king’s ring, cannot be revoked” (Es.8:3,5,6-8). Meditate on these passages, and identify the principles involved in these statements.
- “The King in the Book of Esther is a kind of Messiah . . . .” (http://www.bethshechinah.com/sermon/grafted-into-royalty-rabbi-cal-goldberg/). Connect the dots from this precursor to the Messiah’s redemption of humankind, His ultimate return.
- Are you ready to be faithful, so that you, as Queen Esther, might also “receive a crown of glory . . . .”
© 2018, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER’S PRAYER GUIDE @