MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “CHOOSE THIS DAY . . ..” 21.03.19
- Have you made a sincere commitment? Have you chosen WHOM you will follow?
- How serious are you about it?
- To what extent are you honouring your commitment?
- In what ways do you welcome conviction?
- Study this passage: “But David’s heart troubled him after he had numbered the people. So David prayed to Adonai, “I have sinned greatly in what I have done! But now, Adonai, please take away the iniquity of Your servant, for I have acted very foolishly”” (2 Sam.24:10). (a) Does your heart trouble you when you have done wrong? (b) How quickly are you brought to conviction? © How long does it take you to get to repentance?
- To what extent do you avoid conviction?
- Connect the dots between a surrendered, loyal heart & the process of responding to conviction.
- Identify the difference in the outcome of the response to conviction of the non-surrendered, fleshly self-centred heart and the surrendered, loyal heart.
- In what instances/situations are you most resistant to letting go of that sin, accepting conviction, and confessing and repenting?
- Read the Joshua 24 passages again. What pagan gods are you still holding onto?
- What should confessing/repenting be followed by?
- If you believe you are serious about your commitment to follow Jesus/Yeshua, yet there is a failure to accept conviction and repent, you will need to reassess your choice.
- Re-assess your understanding of what it means tofollowing Jesus/Yeshua (go back to Luke 9:23 and meditate on every word until you hear from the Holy Spirit), remembering that you will be held _____________________ for how you lived that out.
© 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER’S PRAYER GUIDE @