MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “SURRENDER: THE PERFECT MODEL,” 27.02.19
- To what extent are you making a conscious effort to follow Yeshua’s perfect model of surrender, of walking in total dependency/obedience on/to the Father?
- In what aspects of your walk can you say that you are applying this principle: “the Son cannot do anything by Himself. He can do only what He sees the Father doing”?
- “I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for apart from Me, you can do nothing“ (John 15:5). In what ways are you subscribing to/applying this principle? i.e. If you really see yourself as a branch on the vine, how should that look? How should that translate behaviourally? CONNECT THE DOTS between that principle and what it means for you to walk in it.
- In what areas of your life do you fall into the pattern of doing things according to your own thoughts rather than seeking what the Father would have you do?
- “I do not seek My own will, but the will of the One who sent Me“ (John 5:30). Connect the dots from this principle to the actions you need to take in order to apply it to your own life.
- In what ways are you carrying out the Father’s will in/for your life?
- “I do nothing by Myself, but speak just what the Father has taught Me”(John 8:28). Connect the dots from speaking what the Father shows you to speak (by the power of His Spirit) to the ways that you respond in actuality.
- “The One who sent Me is with Me. He has not left Me alone” (John 8:28,29). IDENTIFY THE 4 MAJOR COMPONENTS IN THESE PASSAGES.
- Practice incorporating Him in everything you do, and your awareness of His Presence will grow. Become aware of those situations or ongoing daily tasks where you are not aware of His Presence and begin making a conscious effort to include Him in that activity. There is no time at which you cannot communicate silently with the Father via the Holy Spirit within you.
- Can you say “because I always do what is pleasing to Him” ? How applicable is this in your life?
- What needs to happen for this to be realized? What do you need to put to death? What is BLOCKING your path to SURRENDER?
- Identify those areas in your life which you find most difficult to apply these principle to, take them to the Lord in prayer, surrender each item, put to death on the Cross whatever carnal flesh arises, and you will experience a difference in your life.
- Apply these principles in your interactions with family, work, and all social arenas and you will begin to experience true freedom from lust, selfishness, reactivity, self-focussed agendas, conflict and all things that would normally stress you out.
© 2018, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.