MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “SPECIAL PLACE FOR SINGLES,” 26.02.19
- In what way do you understand the value of virginity &/or celibacy? Or perhaps you’ve not considered it to be important . . . .. . If not, I want you to see that it does hold a special place from God’s perspective. Study the Scriptures quoted, including the ones from Isaiah, Hosea, and Jeremiah, and Romans which were not written out.
- Believers and their leaders tend to be over-focussed on marriage, to the exclusion of/failure to acknowledge and encourage single individuals to value their status as having special opportunity/potential to serve God’s Kingdom. Instead of assuming that every single INDIVIDUAL is desperate for a mate, think how much more productively individuals who are single could be employed in Kingdom work. I challenge individuals to consider this, especially if you are in that category. See how that it is an advantage, not a deficit.
- Connect the dots between holiness, purity, celibacy, exclusivity, and special opportunities and assignments. See where there is a special place/role for you (if you are single), that there are special opportunities fitting only for someone without spousal/family obligations.
- Identify the parallels between what Yeshua says in Revelation, what Paul says in 1 Cor. 7, and what Yeshua says in Matt.19, and the teachings of Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj in the youtube videos referred to in the Study.
- To whom it is given, it is a privilege. Identify all the reasons why it should be considered a privilege, and not a disability, as so many erroneously misperceive single status to be.
- I encourage you to study the two youtube videos by Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj quoted above, in order to glean new understandings. Study the life of this present last days prophet, and you will observe in action the special gift of this calling.
© 2018, re-edited 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.