MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “SCARECROWS IN YOUR LIFE,” 22.02.19
(by this point let us assume everyone understands that scarecrows = demons)
- Identify the scarecrow in Matt.16:21-23. How did Yeshua respond to the scarecrow? What would have happened if Yeshua had crumpled in fear because of the scarecrow?
- Scarecrows incite fear. They are triggers which can disable, even paralyze you with fear. Identify the scarecrows in your life.
- What are you doing with the scarecrows in your life?
- Look back and identify the times, ways, and places where scarecrows probably interfered with your journey?
- What things make you feel like running away? What are the fears the scarecrow has placed in your mind?
- What have the scarecrows stolen from you? How might they have prevented you from entering into God’s blessings?
- How have scarecrows interfered with you being in the midst of God’s will?
- What do you need to do to ensure the scarecrows do not steal God’s destiny for you?
- What would it take for you to be a wise bird and listen to the voice of the Spirit, leading you to the places where the scarecrows are, the very places where the yipping/yapping voices of the demonic/scarecrows are trying to keep you away from what God has for you?
- Scarecrows torment you with anxiety and fear. What are the scarecrows tormenting you with?
- What are the scarecrows in your life telling you? You’re not good enough? That if you do what God wants you will be mocked? Shunned? Disapproved of? Met with Persecution/Condemnation/Judgment?
- What are the scarecrows in your life that keep you out of the Garden? That you may have to let go of control? That you may have to give something up?
- “There’s a scarecrow living in my memory
It just hangs around and stares at me
With eyes that look but cannot see
There’s a scarecrow living in my memory” https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Jason-Upton/Scarecrow What memories put fear into you, interfering with you realizing all that God has for you? Write down your memories that create fear, that limit you, that steal from you.
- Rebuke the scarecrows. Surrender those fears. Put the fears/flesh/memories to death on the Cross. Bring your thoughts into captivity unto the obedience of Messiah (2 Cor.10:5,6). Declare your faith; declare your victory. You are an overcomer, not a victim, for “we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Messiah Yeshua our Lord” (Rom.8:37-39).
© 2018, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.