MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “WHAT ABOUT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS? Part 2,” 04.01.19
- Red-read and study the Scriptures quoted as well as the examples cited. In how many ways was Jesus/Yeshua not politically correct?
- Ask the Holy Spirit to bring a new revelation to you of the Lord Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha-Mashiach, to enable you to see Him as He really was when He walked on this earth, to give you a fresh and realistic picture of the characteristics displayed throughout His time on earth, and to override and replace the erroneous depictions in movies, TV, DVD’s, church, etc. that have provided you with erroneous images of Who Yeshua is.
- Now reflect on the messages you’ve heard which have specifically undermined, soft-soaped, and/or compromised the punch God’s Word was meant to deliver.
- Identify the ways that some of those messages would alter the truth of God’s Word, and boarder on heresy, if not being actually heretical, and how such erroneous teachings have affected your own walk of faith.
- In what ways have you made excuses for political correctness in your own life?
- If you have made excuses for politically correct behaviour/practices: (1) assess the reasons for doing so (social acceptance, approval of others, etc.); (2) look at the ways and the extent to which you have become caught in the traps of accepting such attitudes and practices; (3) Confess and repent of agreeing with wrong forms of belief and behaviour, and (4) exchange and replace those beliefs and behaviours with the teachings from God’s Word, and Yeshua’s own model.
© 2017, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on STUDY.