STUDY GUIDE: “SALT & LIGHT: Another Aspect,” 30.01.19
- Perhaps you have not thought of correcting false doctrine as part of the task of being “salt and light” before. But think about it: (a) Any teaching of God’s Word, if not sprinkled with salt, is at risk of being twisted, misinterpreted, misrepresented, and becoming false doctrine; (b) Only interpretations of His Word by the Spirit of Truth can shine His Light, pointing the Way for others to know/follow Him.
- What prevents you from playing a role in correcting false doctrine? Is it fear of man, fear of disapproval, fear of criticism, fear of . . . . . ? Or is it a lack of familiarity with the Word of God? Or is it that you believe it is only the job of qualified leaders?
- What do you need to do about what prevents you from playing a part in correcting false doctrine?
- Seek the Lord and seek HIS WORD; and “be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you” (1 Pet.3:15).
- We are ALL going to be held accountable for: (a) how well we knew His Word; as well as (b) what we did with His Word which we knew, for “So then each one of us shall give account of himself to God” (Rom.14:12). Knowing God’s Word is not only for qualified leaders; it is for ALL who follow Yeshua/Jesus.
- How well do you know God’s Word?
- Are you reliant on your Church Leadership, or others to provide you with God’s Word; or do you spend time studying for your self each day?
- Do you rather rely on books to interpret God’s Word for you, instead of studying God’s Word for your self?
- Make studying God’s Word and seeking the interpretation by the Holy Spirit an integral part of your daily life, and you will be able to use spontaneous opportunities to teach correct doctrine to others.
© 2018, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE @ https://www.vernasstudycorner.ca/2019/01/prayer-guide-salt-light-another-aspect-30-01-19/
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.