STUDY GUIDE: “INTEGRATING GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY,” 11.01.19
- God’s Word provides a model, a guideline, for how we should live our lives. When we see how God’s sovereign Hand shaped the destinies of Biblical characters it can assist us in our walk. How does the study of Abraham, King David, Esther, or any other prominent Biblical character assist you in aligning yourself with God’s will for your life?
- In what ways does this speak to you about integrating/incorporating God’s sovereign plan into your life?
- In what ways do you experience God’s sovereignty as comforting?
- In what ways do you experience God’s sovereignty as discomfiting?
- Think of a time in your life when you approached a fork in the road. In retrospect, do you wonder how things would have turned out if you had taken the opposite turn in the road? If things didn’t turn out well, it is very likely that you may have taken the wrong turn; you were outside of God’s sovereign will.
- If you have experienced a period/season in your life where you were definitely outside of God’s will, reflect on how He may have used that time to bring you to where you are now. What have you learned from this?
- see how “God works all things for good for those who love Him, and have been chosen according to His purposes” (Rom.8:28).
- Just like King David, if you have had a season outside of God’s will, you will have experienced consequences (perhaps they are long-term). Look at the ways God was there with you, and for you, even in those times of rebellion, disobedience, etc., and see how His ultimate will is coming into place for your life.
- The fact that God is sovereign does not take away from our free will. The fact that God is sovereign and can do whatever He wants does not mean that He always does. He puts us in charge of many things; He leaves many things to us. How do you reconcile that discrepancy?
- What is your understanding of the best way to incorporate God’s sovereignty into your life? I.e. Does it mean that you just sit back and do nothing because God is sovereign and thus will do whatever He wants no matter what you do? What does it actually mean?
© 2017, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
LET THESE QUESTIONS TAKE YOU DEEPER INTO YOUR UNDERSTANDING ON GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY & WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOUR OWN LIFE.
LET YOUR PRAYER BE THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WOULD BRING REVELATIONS TO YOU, OPENING YOUR EYES TO THE MEANING OF THIS FOR YOU/YOUR OWN LIFE.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.