MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY, 10.01.19
- What has your understanding of God’s sovereignty consisted of?
- In what ways does a new understanding of God’s sovereignty assist you in letting go/letting God?
- In what ways have you found it helpful to understand God’s sovereignty?
- In what ways do you not find it helpful to understand God’s sovereignty?
- Recall occasions where you have gone through difficult times and pondered the age-old question “why?” Reflect upon the situation, and see that by God’s sovereign Hand, and by His sovereign plan, He was accomplishing something in you. Be grateful that His purposes for you are in process of being fulfilled. Stop and thank Him now.
- How will you respond when God makes a covenant with you? Has God made a covenant with you? Are you being faithful ? Are you keeping covenant?
- What season are you in?
- What do you need to understand about the season you are in?
- Remember that you are the clay, and He is the potter. “Shall the clay say to the potter, “What have you made?”” (Isa.45:9) How are you doing in your role of being the “clay”? Are you resisting the Potter’s touch, or are you co-operating, submitting, yielded, surrendering to the Master’s Touch?
- If you are having difficulty surrendering/yielding to God’s sovereign ways, remember that when you humble yourself in the sight of the Lord, then He will lift you up (James 4:10).
- When you stop resenting giving up your way, and rebelling against God’s sovereign will for your life, you will not only experience, but you will daily walk in victory and freedom.
- Thank the Father/Yeshua for having chosen you! Tell Him how much you love Him, and how grateful you are.
© 2017, revised 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on TOPIC.