MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “FEAR OF THE LORD,” 17.01.19
- What has been your first thought when you hear, “fear of the Lord”?
- In what ways do you understand the “fear of the Lord” now, to have benefit in your life?
- Why should you specifically, according to the prophet Malachi, be one who fears the Lord?
- “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom” (Prov.9:10); “The fear of Adonai is the beginning of knowledge” (Prov.1:7). Explain, for your own learning, what is meant by each of these statements. Why does the Psalmist say this?
- Use Scriptures quoted to connect the dots between fear of the Lord (in your own life), and protection, rewards/blessings, judgment.
- Everything is cyclical. Trace the cycle, from the fear of the Lord, through to the eternal blessings you have to look forward to, because you walk in the fear of the Lord.
- In what things in your mind, heart, soul, and life do you need to replace the fear of man (i.e., fear of rejection, disapproval, persecution, etc.) with the fear of the Lord?
- Revisit the Study Topics on Death of Self for how to do this.
STUDY SET #I:
STUDY SET #2:
STUDY SET #3:
© 2017, 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER GUIDE @ https://www.vernasstudycorner.ca/2019/01/prayer-guide-fear-of-the-lord-17-01-19/
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.