MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “DISCIPLINE AND JUSTICE, A MEANS TO AN END,” 31.01.19
- What kinds of encounters have you had with the Father’s Hand of Discipline and/or Justice in your life/walk?
- How have you responded to these occasions?
- Perhaps at the time, you did not recognize that it was an instance of discipline and/or justice. Perhaps you were hostile, bitter and angry, even defensive with the Father. Reflect on the occasion(s) now. Is there something you need to make right with the Father? Surrender that thing to Him now.
- Reflect again on a situation that you may not have understood at the time. Recognize how the correction line/consequences that were administered were designed to bring conviction, repentance, and bring you back into right standing, or to teach you something.
- Take care of any remaining business you may have with the Father because of not having surrendered, because of disobedience, and rebellion. This may involve asking for forgiveness, repenting, forgiving others, etc. Whatever the Holy Spirit shows you, use this as an opportunity to make right whatever it is, as needed.
- What things are you hiding, running from, avoiding?
- What things is the Lord trying to chase you down with?
- Anything that you are hiding, running from, or avoiding; anything that the Lord keeps trying to bring attention to, is an area in your life that has been repressed, that you are fearful of, that is keeping you in bondage. God is chastising you by chasing you down, backing you into a corner, requiring you to face your fears/issues. It is a means to an end; and the sooner you trust Him, and acknowledge the merit of allowing Him to take you through whatever it is, the sooner you will have peace/freedom, and walk in victory.
© 2018, re-edited 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
GO TO PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE @
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.