MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE: “COMING TO THE END OF SELF,” 01.02.19
- What does it mean to be brought to “the end of oneself”?
- Have you been brought to the end of your self?
- What do you think it would take to bring you to “the end of your self”?
- In what experience(s) do you believe you have been brought to the “end of your self”?
- Why should one need to be brought to the “end of one’s self” in order to truly be useful to God?
- What has to happen for one to be brought to the end of oneself? Identify at least half a dozen or more things that need to occur.
- What stage of the process of dying to self and/or being brought to the end of self are you in?
- Study the before/after for Peter. Identify things in Peter that needed to die. Apply this measuring stick to your self and determine where you are in this process.
- If we do not deny/die to self, who are we denying?
- What did it take to break Peter? What will it take to break you?
- Study John 21:15-17 again. What was the point Yeshua was trying to make with Peter? What point is He attempting to make with you?
- Study Acts 2 and identify the changes in Peter.
- How has this Study assisted you? In what ways do you see more clearly the self-life in you? What are some things that need to get put to death/denied?
© 2018, 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
https://www.vernasstudycorner.ca/2019/01/prayer-guide-coming-to-the-end-of-self-01-02-19/ FOR PRAYER GUIDE ON TOPIC.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright © 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.