STUDY GUIDE for “BACK TO BASICS,” 02.01.19
- What is meant by “Back to Basics” ?
- “If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them!”” (John 13:15-17).
What are the five things from this Scripture that you need to keep in mind?
- How is it that so many believers are declaring, speaking, expecting blessings when they are not walking according to these basic commandments from our Lord/Master/Saviour?
- In what ways do you have expectations of receiving blessings regardless of whether you are walking in accordance with God’s call?
- How is it that so many claim to “love Him with all their hearts, souls, mind, and strength”, yet do not live out these things that He has called us to?
- In what ways are you behave in such a way?
- Matt. 16:24-26 indicates at least three ways in which we must participate if we are actually serious about following in the footsteps of Jesus/Yeshua. What are they?
- We are also called to participate by sharing in His _________________. No one likes this call; however it is by God’s _________ that we can indeed accomplish this; but God’s ____________ does not in any way remove the need for us to endure these times of testing.
- How can you understand that this is an essential part of your spiritual transformation, your maturing, coming to that place of being equipped “for the work of service, for building up the body of Messiah. This will continue until we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of Ben-Elohim—to mature adulthood, to the measure of the stature of Messiah’s fullness. As a result, we are no longer to be like children, tossed around by the waves and blown all over by every wind of teaching, by the trickery of men with cunning in deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all ways into Messiah, who is the Head” (Eph.4:12-15)? Identify the areas in your life (soul, heart, mind) in which you need to mature spiritually?
- Review for yourself the difference between legalism and being obedient to/walking in what Yeshua has told you to do (second-last paragraph explains).
© 2017, revised 2018, 2019 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on STUDY.