MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “A WILLING HEART OPENS THE DOOR TO GOD’S BLESSINGS,” 28.12.18
- This story of Abraham and Isaac has been told many times. We have all heard sermons/messages based on it, I am sure. In what ways does this Study introduce a different emphasis?
- What is the primary principle demonstrated in this story?(Gen.22:12,16-18).
- In what ways can you apply this principle to your own life/your relationship w/the Father?
- What are you facing at this present time in your life that is requiring a high degree of surrender from you?
- How must you die to self/flesh in order to be able to let go of/give over whatever it is that is being required of you?
- What is the key/secret to passing every test; to receiving God’s greatest blessings?
- What is that one thing that you cannot let go of?
NOTE: (1) That “thing can be a dream, hope, a person, a relationship, a career, an animal, a place; it can be ANYTHING you hold dear and do not want to let go of.
(2) As long as you are fantasizing, dreaming, hoping, wishing, longing for [whatever it is], you are still holding onto it, and have not let it go (as you may think you have).
- Whatever it is, once you have identified it, make a conscious decision to get rid of it, & daily: crucify it, bring your thoughts into captivity unto the obedience of Christ, & nail to the Cross whatever is getting in the way, actively surrendering that “thing” to the Lord, and asking Him to heal the gap or broken part in you that has trouble letting it go.
© 2017, minor revisions 2018 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
NO PRAYER GUIDE AVAILABLE FOR THIS STUDY TOPIC.