MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, MORE THAN A BABE IN A MANGER: PART I, 18.12.18
- I am going to ask you to set aside your personal biases regarding Christmas – whether it is pagan or whether it is/isn’t the actual time of Jesus Christ’s/Yeshua’s birth.
- Whether or not you celebrate Christmas; WHETHER OR NOT you believe that Christmas is the actual time of Messiah’s birth is not the important issue. What is important is how you respond to others in their belief; what you do with this time: you can choose to use it to judge, and create division, or you can choose to use it as an opportunity to minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha-Mashiach, and to promote unity.
- I am asking you to lay aside self-righteous, religious legalistic judgments, and make it a time of opportunity to share your relationship with Jesus Christ/Yeshua Messiah. The timing is opportune because we have people celebrating “Christmas” for whom it holds no meaning, other than an excuse for a holiday and perhaps gift giving. That makes it opportune for bringing up the topic of Messiah – i.e., what meaning does “Christmas”/”Happy Holidays” have for you?
- I want to encourage readers to utilize the points made throughout this STUDY to be prepared to present a case for Jesus/Yeshua’s divinity, and role as Saviour – i.e., He is more than a BABE IN A MANGER. I want to encourage & challenge true believers/followers to use this time of year to transmit your beliefs, your relationship, your understanding of Who Messiah is by interjecting into this holiday time that if one is going to celebrate it, then they should be informed what it is intended to be about.
- As a Messianic who no longer holds to Christmas as the time of Messiah’s birth, I want to emphasize to other Messianic believers that this is a time to build bridges, rather than to condemn/ judge those who believe Christmas is Messiah’s Birthday, or those who have no idea what it really is about. It is time to grow up spiritually, please, & get beyond your legalistic self-righteous religiosity, and smugness & go through the open door to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha-Mashiach.
© 2018 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on TOPIC.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.