MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “DENIAL OF MESSIAH’S IDENTITY,” 20.12.18
- Identify the tension around Messiah’s birth.
- What was behind this; what was the root of it?
- How do you understand the initial appearance of contradiction between what God caused to happen, countered by the ultimate desired outcome? (Make sense out of this by the quoted Scriptures herein).
- Connect the dots between the OT/NT throughout this Study, observing how everything that was prophesied in the OT is reinforced in the NT. There are no contradictions, only reinforcements.
- Who or what, is the actual source of condemnation?
- What are the primary reasons cited for humankind’s rejection, rebellion, and denial?
- The fact that God will actually harden hearts and blind eyes to fulfill His purposes; that Isaiah the prophet said “This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet,” reinforces the fact that God is ___________________. (Ref. previous studies): https://www.vernasstudycorner.ca/2017/12/mean-god-sovereign-05-12-17/
- In what ways, occasions, and instances, are you like the Pharisees referred to in John 12:42,43, drawing back in fear of being disapproved of, and persecuted by others?
- It is time for God’s people to reveal Messiah’s identity to those around us. In what ways do you capitalize on opportunities to share the Truth about Messiah? In what ways do you avoid such encounters out of fear of man/rejection/persecution?
© 2017, revised 2018 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on TOPIC.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.