MENTORING GUIDE/STUDY TOPIC for WHAT ABOUT MARTYRDOM?” 27.11.18
- How many times have you heard a sermon/message on martyrdom in your home Congregation?
- What was the content? What was the basic premise taught?
- Please listen to/watch/read about the Groenewald example of modern day martyrdom.
- What did you learn from this? How does it speak to you, personally?
- Identify the principles illustrated by this true story.
- How can you employ the principles in this story to your own life?
- In what ways are the attitudes demonstrated in Acts 20, and 2 Cor. 5, similar/different from those of this post-modern age?
- So what did Yeshua mean when He said “It is finished” (John 19:30)?
- Study the points presented on Rev. 12:11. Go deeper now into the third point in this passage that is so rarely discussed. Ask the Father/Son/Holy Spirit to speak to your heart, and show you what this passage intends.
- What needs to happen in your heart and in your mind and in your life, to enable you to be so completely sold out to Jesus/Yeshua that you truly would not withdraw your faith even at the possibility of martyrdom?
- A study of the life of “Ignatius of Antioch,” combined with a study of the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer provide a comprehensive answer.
© 2017, revised 2018 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on TOPIC.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.