MENTORING GUIDE/STUDY TOPIC for WHAT ABOUT MARTYRDOM?” 27.11.18
- How many times have you heard a sermon/message on martyrdom in your home Congregation?
- What was the content? What was the basic premise taught?
- Please listen to/watch/read about the Groenewald example of modern day martyrdom.
- What did you learn from this? How does it speak to you, personally?
- Identify the principles illustrated by this true story.
- How can you employ the principles in this story to your own life?
- In what ways are the attitudes demonstrated in Acts 20, and 2 Cor. 5, similar/different from those of this post-modern age?
- So what did Yeshua mean when He said “It is finished” (John 19:30)?
- Study the points presented on Rev. 12:11. Go deeper now into the third point in this passage that is so rarely discussed. Ask the Father/Son/Holy Spirit to speak to your heart, and show you what this passage intends.
- What needs to happen in your heart and in your mind and in your life, to enable you to be so completely sold out to Jesus/Yeshua that you truly would not withdraw your faith even at the possibility of martyrdom?
- A study of the life of “Ignatius of Antioch,” combined with a study of the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer provide a comprehensive answer.
© 2017, revised 2018 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on TOPIC.