MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “WELL, DONE THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT . . . .” 08.11.18
- What have your thoughts been regarding this statement? Have you ever wondered if you will hear those Words? Have you wondered what might make the difference in whether you would hear those Words?
- Why do you think Jesus/Yeshua said: “And indeed, some are last who shall be first, and some are first who shall be last” (Lk.13:30)? What is your understanding of why this would be so?
- SACRIFICE and PERSECUTION are not popular, or welcome topics in the Church. What have your thoughts/learnings been on these two topics? Study the Scriptures included in this Study on this topic (Matt.5:10-12; Mk.10:29; James 1:12; Lk.18:29; Matt.19:29) and use them to expand your understanding of just how important these are in God’s eyes.
- Identify the qualifying factors from the STUDY for those who can go up to His Holy Hill, those who will likely hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant!”
- What is the significance of these critical qualifying characteristics?
- How would you rate yourself in regards to the clean hands, pure heart, submission to testing?
- In which of these areas do you stumble and struggle the most?
- What is needed of yourself in order to overcome these challenges?
- According to Ps.37:6-9, how are you to deal with injustices? How would you assess your performance in this area? I.e., are you struggling with injustices in relationships, and do you find yourself embroiled in a bid to bring justice in your own way? What do you need to do differently? What should you be doing in this situation?
- What is it that will enable you to endure the injustices, the testing, the persecution, and all the sacrificing?
- What will make it all worthwhile in the end?
- To what extent are you willing to endure to the end for the blessings that will be yours if you do?
© 2017, revised 2018 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE ON TODAY’S STUDY.