MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “WALKING IN THE WORD,” 26.11.18
- How well do you know God’s Word?
- Do you have regular daily study times?
- Do you memorize God’s Word, and put it into your heart?
- To what extent are you able to readily apply it to whatever situation arises?
- What prevents you from studying, learning, memorizing, becoming more familiar with God’s Word?
- In order to walk in the Word; in order to wield the Sword of the Spirit against the Enemy, you must acquire a working knowledge of God’s Word. What steps do you need to take in order to be able to walk in the Word more fully?
- In the church people often refer to wanting others to see Jesus in us, without really looking at the corresponding behaviours, taking note of what, specifically, that would look like. Too often these statements are based on erroneous suppositions. We are given portrayals of Jesus/Yeshua as some wimpy, passive, soppy character, tiptoeing through the tulips, telling everyone how much He loves them, when the Scriptures portray someone who was very much in command, speaking in authority, teaching, reprimanding, and admonishing. We need to know the Word for ourselves, not rely on some erroneous interpretation based on misperceptions, misunderstandings, and biases. Get busy with something that counts: get into the Word of God.
© 2017, revised 2018 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on TOPIC.