MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “INTEGRATION OF OLD AND NEW,” 19.11.18
- If you have been taught that the New Testament replaces the Old Covenant, what things about this are hard for you to reconcile?
- In what ways are you able to understand the Old Covenant/New Covenant in a new way? See how the building blocks of precept upon precept fit into the framework of New building upon Old.
- How do you understand the contradiction of interpretations which teach that Jesus/Yeshua was a rebel who came to overthrow/replace the Old Covenant? Refer to the passages in the Study and see how they correct this misunderstanding.
- See how Jesus/Yeshua used Torah to answer the question about eternal life. What does this tell you about how the Old and New go together?
- To what extent, can you say, as Yeshua said, “I do only those things which the Father shows me. .. .”? To what specified, selective situations do you apply this?
- Identify those selective applications (from que. 5 above). Now see how you can expand your repertoire of application by surrendering all things you do.
- Study Matt.19:16,17, and Lk.10:25,26. In what ways has salvation been altered from the Torah to the New Covenant?
© 2017, revised 2018 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on TOPIC.