MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “INTEGRATION OF OLD AND NEW,” 19.11.18
- If you have been taught that the New Testament replaces the Old Covenant, what things about this are hard for you to reconcile?
- In what ways are you able to understand the Old Covenant/New Covenant in a new way? See how the building blocks of precept upon precept fit into the framework of New building upon Old.
- How do you understand the contradiction of interpretations which teach that Jesus/Yeshua was a rebel who came to overthrow/replace the Old Covenant? Refer to the passages in the Study and see how they correct this misunderstanding.
- See how Jesus/Yeshua used Torah to answer the question about eternal life. What does this tell you about how the Old and New go together?
- To what extent, can you say, as Yeshua said, “I do only those things which the Father shows me. .. .”? To what specified, selective situations do you apply this?
- Identify those selective applications (from que. 5 above). Now see how you can expand your repertoire of application by surrendering all things you do.
- Study Matt.19:16,17, and Lk.10:25,26. In what ways has salvation been altered from the Torah to the New Covenant?
© 2017, revised 2018 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on TOPIC.
Get in Touch
Please contact me with any questions you may have
Copyright (c) 2017 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.