MENTORING CORNER/STUDY GUIDE, “CHOSEN,” 21.11.18
- How does the reality that God chooses certain individuals, families, people groups, and nations, fit with your image of Who God is, of His justice, and notions of equality?
- What does it mean that God is Abraham’s “shield”? What does it mean for you, personally? In what ways can you apply that promise for your self?
- If you “Continually walk before Me (Him) and you will be blameless,” as He instructed Abraham, what do you suppose that would mean for you?
- We can see from the passages in Genesis 17 that Yahweh is a God of Covenant. In what ways have you entered into Covenant with Him?
- If you are chosen, how does the Abrahamic Covenant apply to you/your life?
- If “Yahweh created the people of Israel out of Abraham’s faith and obedience,” what might He do through you/your life if you are faithful and obedient?
- What is your understanding and awareness of anti-Semitism? I recommend you to reference and study Hennessy’s article quoted here, in order to better understand his perspective on the issue of being chosen, and as it pertains to anti-Semitism.
- What needs to happen for you to become more understanding of God’s Ways, His Sovereignty, and more accepting of your position in relation to that?
- In what ways do you view yourself as that “clay in the Potter’s Hand”?
- Why or why not?
© 2017, revised 2018 by Verna Crowther. All rights reserved.
PLEASE VISIT PRAYER CORNER for PRAYER GUIDE on TOPIC.